Website Gathering Place
Job Description: Executive Director, Gathering Place
Gathering Place is searching for an Executive Director to lead and inspire this one-of-a-kind community park. Gathering Place is an internationally acclaimed Riverfront Park in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The 66-acre park includes playgrounds, gardens, water activities, skate park, BMX track, concert venue, restaurants as well as a variety of public programming. A park for all, with a mission to welcome Tulsans to a vibrant and inclusive space that engages, educates, and excites. After three years of exceptional operations, an Executive Director is needed to advance the momentum of this leading park into its next chapter of growth and community impact.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the vision and operation of Gathering Place. Executive Director will ensure that Gathering Place continues to grow in prominence by being a repeatable, world class experience that enhances the quality of life for all Tulsans.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the executive team which includes leadership of the urban sister park, Guthrie Green.
- Create and execute the brand strategy, including serving as an ambassador for the park.
- Develop and lead the operating plan for the Park including short- & long-term initiatives in all areas such as horticulture, safety, programming, revenue, marketing, human resources, and maintenance.
- Build strong relationships and partner with community members, key constituent groups and stakeholders including community leaders, volunteers, and municipal officials in order to ensure the Park creates a positive impact on the Tulsa community.
- Oversee and make strategic decisions regarding finances including planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Create strategies to ensure the Park’s mission of diversity and inclusion is prevalent in all aspects with focus on people and programming. Work directly with the diverse communities of Tulsa to amplify their voices.
- Work with the board to design and implement an effective resource development strategy including donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Ensure a positive and engaging work- place culture with a focus on safety at the Park.
- Collaborate with the leaders of horticulture and maintenance to ensure the beautiful aesthetics of the Park are developed, well cared for and maintained for future generations.
Skills and Experience
This is an initiative-taking leadership role, involving a mix of strategic and day-to-day activities. The ideal candidate has demonstrated his or her ability to manage the creative process, achieve results through others, and be a catalyst for bold ideas and results.
- 5+ years of progressive and relevant experience in managing at a senior level in the hospitality, tourism, public park, or a relevant sector in experiential education/entertainment.
- Strong strategic and creative thinker with the ability to communicate with diverse audiences in a respectful way while driving consensus.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to turn vision into action, motivate and influence individuals at all levels and follow through on decisions.
- Demonstrable skill at taking risks by thinking big and challenging the status quo.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including solid presentation and media experience.
- Experience obtaining and interpreting data from multiple sources and applying that data to influence decisions.
- Solid organizational and budgeting skills
- Ability and flexibility to perform and adapt in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Decision-maker with ability to work under pressure and work independently.
- Executive level leadership experience, including outstanding coaching and people leadership capabilities and building a future talent pipeline.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and sound judgment, with an emphasis on:
- Influencing others without formal supervisory authority.
- Actively listening to and empathizing with others; and
- Cultural competency: Empathy and ability to build rapport with individuals from various cultures, experiences, and backgrounds.
- Operate with professional discretion and transparency.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and understands the need for highly transparent decision-making given the number of stakeholders involved.
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, with experience integrating these values into operations.
- Proven ability to foster an inclusive, positive and empowering culture and work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Related Field
This leadership position offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and relocation assistance.
Interested Applicants, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com