- This event has passed.
Communicators Summit 2015
October 8, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Hear from professionals inside the stories that made headline news and broke the Internet. These professionals represent both sides of the aisle – journalist and PR pros – and will give insight into lessons learned and what you can do next if you or your organization accidentally make the national spotlight.
Keynote Address: Sara Ganim, CNN correspondent
In 2012, Sara Ganim was awarded a Pulitzer Prize after she broke the story of the grand jury investigation into sexual abuse of children by Jerry Sandusky, former Pennsylvania State University football defensive coordinator. She not only reported on the Sandusky grand jury, but also the Penn State Athletic Department and Sandusky’s well-known Second Mile Charity.
Ganim will discuss her dealings with public information officers, communications directors and other PR personnel while working this story – including what she saw as failings and missed opportunities.
- Jabar Shumate, Vice President, University Community, University of Oklahoma, will present Strategies for Improving Diversity and Inclusion at the University Level
- Russ Florence, President and Chief Operating Officer, Schnake Turnbo Frank, and Chairman, Oklahoma Center for Community and Justice, will present Threading the Needle: Tough Conversations About Diversity and Inclusion
- Amanda Clinton, Vice President, Communications, Cherokee Nation Businesses, will present Crisis Communication: Managing the Crisis That Just Won’t Go Away
- Members – $50 ($40 early bird)
- Non-members – $60 ($50 early bird)
- Students – $25 ($20 early bird)
- Journalist – keynote speaker only – $25 (Must be currently employed by a media outlet and attend for keynote speaker Sara Ganim only. This price does not include other conference speakers.)
- Early-bird deadline is Sept. 17.
Location and Parking:
The event will take place at the Tulsa Community College Southeast Campus, 10300 E. 81st St. (81st & Highway 169), in the Student Activities area of the Student Union (Building 9). See a map of the TCC Southeast campus for building location and parking.
Make plans to join us for a post-event networking reception. Location to be determined.