Manager of Marketing and Communications
Job Title: Manager of Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Director of Philanthropy
Revision Date: 1/31/19
Classification: Exempt (FLSA)
The Manager of Marketing and Communications, under the general direction of the Director of Philanthropy, coordinates all contact with the Public and the Media through marketing and social media. Prepares the monthly Kelley Connection newsletter and the bi-annual Ambassador magazine and the BK Annual Report.
Essential Job Functions
· Demonstrate a commitment to Catholic values and the promotion of the associated culture within a Catholic school
· Maintains Bishop Kelley Social Media accounts as a means to promote current Bishop Kelley events and stories by consistently communicating with teachers, student, parents, alumni and coaches about current events and activities.
· Maintains frequent communication with media by keeping a constant flow of Kelley stories in newspapers and other media and by bringing the media on campus.
· Maintains a calendar of school events to be publicized and marketed.
· Designs, writes and assigns stories for Ambassador magazine and produces to issues of Connection.
· Coordinates publicity for the school.
· Provides photography for newsletter, annual reports, brochures, postcards, website, and publications, when needed.
· Assists in maintaining the school website.
· Creates marketing materials for school events such as, Senior Legacy Gift, Golf Tournament, Auction and Trivia Night, and Admissions.
· Produces and emails the Kelley Connection.
· Under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, creates the Annual Report, support documents, brochures and Capital Campaign materials, as necessary.
· Works to standardize policies regarding school publications, branding and social media.
· Maintains files of all publications with printing history.
· Coordinates printing and ordering of business cards, stationary, and other marketing materials.
· Maintains and keeps current bulletin boards in main administrative building.
· Updates and produces the School Profile for college counselors.
· Produces Game Day program for well-attended events.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Lifting up to 25 lbs unassisted
· Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking to facilitate event coverage.
· Manual dexterity for typing
· Visual acuity to enable long and extended periods of screen time.
· A missionary disciple dedicated to the Proclamation of the Gospel
· A servant leader willing to serve others through fidelity and excellence
· Faith in the Presence of God – “Let us remember that we are in the Holy Presence of God.”
· Concern for the Poor and Social Justice – “Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve.”
· Respect for all Persons – “Live Jesus in our hearts… Forever.”
· Quality Education – “Teaching Minds and Touching Hearts.”
· Inclusive Community – “The Lasallian Family”
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
· Works cooperatively with the Administration and supports administrative policies.
· Works as a team member with the educational staff.
· Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with students and parents.
· Demonstrates a sense of professional responsibility.
Educational and Experience Requirements
· College Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications or equivalent experience.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Computer skills necessary with experience in all Microsoft Office products, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, as well as graphic, layout and editorial skills.
· Frequent and varied contact with community requires a courteous and tactful manner.
· Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and to organize and carry out work with little or no supervision.
· Able to multi-task several projects at a time is a must.
· Web site skills are a plus.
Employee Name (Print)__________________________________
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.bishopkelley.org.