by Steve Higgins, IABC/Tulsa President
‘Tis the season for year-end lists: top movies, top albums, even top tweets.
In this spirit of reflection, I’d like to offer my top IABC Tulsa moments of the past year:
- At OkieSMart 2010, Steve Crescenzo’s hilarious, provocative, inspiring plea to replace the “corporate” in “corporate communication” with “creative.”
- Walmart senior vice president Roger Cude’s revealing discussion on how he recognizes and coaches top executive talent at the world’s biggest company, and the sad-but-true reason why communicators rarely make the short list.
- IABC Tulsa’s ranking in the top 20 of the fastest-growing chapters worldwide for the second straight year. Way to go, Ginger and Nathan!
- At our 2010 Bronze Quill Awards, naming the very deserving Shannon Frederick as recipient of the Leon Bolen Chapter Service Award while Leon himself looked on, smiling in the back of the room.
- Schnake Turnbo Frank president – and former IABC Tulsa president – Russ Florence sharing his theories on why famous people screw up so much, and then screw up even worse when they try to cover their tracks.
I could probably pick 50 more favorites, but I’ll end here. Special thanks to our creative, hard-working and dedicated executive board: Dena Wind, Shannon Frederick, Tom Droege, Stephanie Cole, Ginger Homan, Megan Lewis, Lucia O’Connor and Nathan Harmon. You guys have managed to make hard work a whole lot of fun this year.
We have some cool stuff in the works for 2011, so stay tuned. In the meantime, have a great holiday season and a happy New Year.