The annual World Conference is scheduled for June 23-26 in New York City, and IABC Tulsa wants to help send one lucky member to this big event. It’s easy to enter, simply follow these guidelines:
IABC Tulsa members may nominate themselves or other members for this contest.
Send an email to email@example.com and answer these three questions (150 words or less for each question):
- How have you (or the person you are nominating) participated in IABC?
- How will the opportunity to attend World Conference 2013 benefit your career?
- How will you use this experience to give back to your work team and other members of IABC Tulsa?
Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. CT Thursday, April 18. Late entries will be disqualified.
Nominees must have a currently active membership with IABC Tulsa from the time of entry submission through the World Conference in June. Active membership will be confirmed through the current chapter roster maintained by IABC Headquarters in San Francisco.
Entries will be reviewed by a small group of judges with representatives from IABC Tulsa’s Board, and possibly leaders from other chapters. The winner will be notified by April 30.
In addition to receiving a World Conference registration (valued at more than $1,000), the winner will be granted a $400 voucher from IABC Tulsa to help cover other travel costs.
The winner must be willing to share stories from his/her World Conference experience with other IABC Tulsa members via one or more of the following options:
- Writing daily posts on the chapter’s Facebook page
- Sharing photos via Twitter or Facebook
- Writing an article for the July edition of the chapter newsletter
- Possibly giving a download at a monthly meeting
- Or another option to be agreed upon with the winner and the chapter’s board
The chapter also will promote a profile of the winner through its various communications channels. The winner must be willing to provide a bio and photo for these promotions.
Good luck to all of the entrants, and please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.