IABC Tulsa Honors Top Communications Professionals
TULSA, Okla. – April 3, 2017 – The Tulsa chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC/Tulsa) recognized top local communications professionals on March 30, at the organization’s annual Bronze Quill Awards Ceremony. The event, attended by more than 100 local professionals, was held at the Mike Fretz Event Center in Tulsa.
Jeff Stava was named the 2017 Communicator of the Year for his tremendous work as the George Kaiser Family Foundation’s Chief Operating Officer for Tulsa Community Foundation and Executive Director of Tulsa’s Gathering Place. Previous IABC/Tulsa Communicators of the Year include former executive director of TYPros Shagah Zakerion, former TU coach Bill Self, former Tulsa mayor Susan Savage, former Williams CEO Keith Bailey, and former ONEOK executive vice president and ONE Gas CEO, Pierce Norton.
Jennifer Rector, Manager of Communications at ONE Gas, received the John Hartman Professional of the Year award. Rector was recognized by her peers as an outstanding leader, communications professional and community supporter.
The Leon Bolen Service Award, which honors an IABC member’s volunteerism and support of IABC’s organizational goals, was awarded to Leslie Agee of Linde Engineering North America Inc.
The “Best of Show” Award, presented to the 2017 entry with the highest total score, was awarded to Kiley Roberson of Tulsa City-County Library.
In addition, 33 Bronze Quill awards were awarded to local communications professionals for exceptional work completed during 2015-2017.
Awards of Excellence were presented to:
- Becky Carver, Jason Ashley Wright and Information Security of ONEOK, for: “Security Sense 2016”
- Brittany Anicetti and Government Relations of ONEOK, for: “2016 Government Relations and ONEOK PAC Communications Plan.”
- Becky Carver and Information Security of ONEOK, for their: “Secure Internet Browsing Initiative”
- Jennifer Rector and the rest of the ONE GAS Communications team, for the: “2015 Annual Report: A Better Tomorrow Starts Today.”
- Marianne Sicking of ONE GAS, for the: “ONE GAS 8-1-1 Awareness Social Media Sweepstakes.”
- Nicole Nascenzi of Williams, for the “Atlantic Sunrise Pipeline Project Social Media Program.”
- Shannon Stephens and Summer Austin of Phillips 66, for: “Phillips 66 IT Communication and Branding”
- Meredith McDaris for,: “Madam President”
- Nicole Nascenzi of Williams, for: the “Atlantic Sunrise Project Website.”
- ONEOK Investor Relations, for: the “ONEOK Investor Relations Website Launch.”
- Cherokee Nation Businesses, for: “Cherokee Nation Foundation.org”
- Abigail Loveall and Gretchen Bellamy of Walmart, for: “Your Story is our Story.”
- Kiley Roberson of SemGroup, for: “SemGroup 2016 Strategy.”
- Keith Isbell of Williams, for: “Pipeline of Georgia: Lifeline for Bats.
- Raven Lining Systems, for: “The Aquata Flex 505 and 506.”
- Becky Carver, Erica May and Human Resources of ONEOK, for: “2017 Open Enrollment Guide.”
- Cherokee Nation Businesses, for: “Where the Casino Money Goes.”
- Brittany Anicetti and Michael Gillaspie of ONEOK, for: “ONEOK PAC Brochure.”
Awards of Merit were presented to:
- Hayley Westwood of ONE Gas, for: “Open Enrollment 2016.”
- All Souls Church Communications Team, for: “All Souls Advertising.”
- Nicole Nascenzi of Williams for: “Atlantic Sunrise Project Communications and Strategic Outreach.”
- Propeller Communications, Waller PR, Six PR, Walsh Branding, AH Strategies and Tulsa Regional Chamber for: “Vision Tulsa Education Campaign”
- Nicole Nascenzi of Williams for: “Atlantic Sunrise Project Grant and Environmental Stewardship Program.”
- Russell Shaffer, Abigail Loveall, Leah Bilbrey and Gwen Kelly of Walmart, for: “Walmart Inclusion Festival.”
- Abigail Loveall of Walmart, for: “CDI Website”
- Michael McCulloh and the rest of the ONE Gas Communications team, for: “The Daily Dispatch.”
- Kathy Murphy, Brittany Anicetti and Ashley Cleveland of ONEOK, for: “2016 United Way Video Campaign.”
- Catharine Brierre of ONEOK, for: “Investor Relations Monthly”
- Stephanie Higgins, Ashley Cleveland, Becky Carver and Brittany Anicetti of ONEOK, for: “One in responsibility.”
- Cherokee Nation Businesses and Cherokee Nation, for: “Anadisgoi Magazine.”
- Stephanie Higgins of ONEOK, for: “Pipeline Project’s Prehistoric Find at Bear Creek Site Offers Archaeological Lesson.”
- Roxanne Cook of Raven Lining Systems, for: “Raven Lining Systems Standing Tough: Scott Air Force Base”
- Michael McCulloh of ONE Gas, for: “Greg Phillips explains why he makes living green a priority.”
Sponsors of the IABC/Tulsa 2017 Bronze Quill Awards included Cherokee Nation Businesses, ONEOK, ONE Gas, Zia Communications, Byers Creative, Miller Photography, Smith Dryden and Quik Print.