IABC/Tulsa is celebrating the 50th anniversary of March Membership Month with an exciting milestone – the launch of our new Membership Scholarship Program! Now through the end of the month we will be accepting applications to be consideredfor a free year of membership in IABC/Tulsa.
We will be selecting two winners who will each receive a year of IABC/Tulsa membership at no cost. Chapter membership includes all of the perks that come from being a member of the International Association of Business Communicators: savings on professional development events, conferences and certifications; access to webinars and other online learning offered through IABC; opportunities for mentorship and networking; job postings; and much more!
Read on for details and how to apply.
- Good for one year from membership start date
- Includes all resources available to members
- Includes free access to one IABC professional development event per quarter
- Mentoring from IABC membership
- Any business or communications professional or student in the region
- Preference given to students or members who have been displaced/currently seeking employment
Requirements for scholarship:
- Attend at least one IABC event each quarter
- Participate in newsletter development
- Volunteer to help at one IABC event
- Judge at least one Bronze Quill entry from a different chapter
- Demonstrate a commitment to communications and supporting its value
- To apply, submit a written application to our VP of Membership that outlines how the scholarship will help you to support IABC’s three pillars: (1) advance the profession; (2) create connection; and (3) develop strategic communicators.
- Please make sure to include your contact information and a short bio that outlines any relevant professional details including place of residence and current student/professional status.
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com with ‘Membership Scholarship’ in the subject line no later than 11:59 p.m. on March 31.
The VP of Membership will share all applications with the IABC/Tulsa Board of Directors, who will vote on scholarship recipients. In the event of a tie, the past president will be the deciding vote. Winners will be notified by the end of April 2020. Please note that there is a maximum of one scholarship per individual. This year’s scholarship winners will not be eligible to apply for future membership scholarships offered through IABC/Tulsa.