Tulsa’s top communications professionals were honored Oct. 28 at IABC/Tulsa’s annual Bronze Quill Awards party. The event, themed “BQ & BBQ,” was held at the Tulsa Press Club.
Sandra Lewis, Executive Director of the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless, was named 2010 Communicator of the Year for her commitment to communicating on behalf of those who are not always able to speak for themselves.
The Leon Bolen Service Award, which honors an IABC member’s volunteerism and support of IABC’s organizational goals, was given to Shannon Frederick, Director of Global Associate Communications at Walmart.
In addition, 27 Bronze Quill awards were given in 21 categories for exceptional work completed during 2009 and 2010.
Awards of Excellence were presented to:
- Ginger D. Homan for Zia’s “Establishing a MODA Brand” branding campaign
- Steve Turnbo, Lucinda Rojas Ross and Kari Culp for Schnake Turnbo Frank PR’s “Do the Smart Thing – Tulsa Public Schools Bond”
- Allison Broyles and Tom Droege for Rex PR’s “Home Run for the Homeless” media relations
- Schnake Turnbo Frank PR’s “Tulsa: A Major League City” special communications event
- Allison Starke for Schnake Turnbo Frank PR’s “Art in Motion” special communications event
- Nicole Morgan and Tom Droege for Rex PR’s “ONEOK Employee Appreciation Day at ONEOK Field” special communications event
- Amethyst Cavallaro, Walt Beazley and Gail Laur for University of Tulsa’s “Vision” newspaper
- ONEOK, Inc.’s “ONEOK Quarterly” four-color magazine
- Jarrod Kopp and Ramon Cardiel for FW Murphy’s “You Dream It, We Deliver It” promotional advertising/marketing
- Megan Lewis for ONEOK’s “ONE Responsibility – ONEOK Corporate Responsibility Report” special print communications
- Jarrod Kopp, Ramon Cardiel, Jessica Hall, Joni Hamilton and Juliane Spinuzzi for FW Murphy’s “The New FWmurphy.com” external website
Awards of Merit were presented to:
- Russell Shaffer for Walmart’s “MLB Employee Discount Email” employee communications campaign
- Heather Ingram for ONEOK’s “NAPTP Investor Conference Presentation” investor relations
- Tracy T. Harlow for ConocoPhillips’ “Diversity Networks Launch” communications event
- Allison Starke for Schnake Turnbo Frank PR’s “Art in Motion” special communication event.
- Jennifer Pigeon for ONEOK’s “ONE Trust Fund Elects New Board Members” special communications event;
- Heather Ingram for ONEOK’s “Investor Relations Monthly” internal newsletter
- Megan Washbourne for ONEOK’s “ONEOK & ONEOK Partners 2009 Annual Report” corporate annual report
- Nicole Morgan and Greg Rex for Rex PR’s “Magnir Company Brochure” promotional advertising/marketing
- Jennifer Pigeon for ONEOK’s “ONEOK Launches New Website” feature/human interest writing
- Amethyst Cavallaro for University of Tulsa’s “Advocate for Change” feature/human interest writing
- Amethyst Cavallaro for University of Tulsa’s “Toothless, Five-wheeled Wonder” feature/human interest writing
- Hayley Peck for ONEOK’s “Wisconsin Pipeline Tech Makes Wishes Come True” feature/human interest writing
- Jessica Hall and Terry Brei for FW Murphy’s “Good Show” technical writing
- Jennifer Pigeon and Rick Ayre for ONEOK’s “ONEOK Website Redesign” external website
- Jennifer Pigeon and Rick Ayre for ONEOK’s “ONEOK Quarterly Interactive Features” electronic publication
- Keith Isbell of Broken Arrow Public Schools’ “2009 Broken Arrow School Bond Election” one-time video campaign
Additionally, Jarrod Kopp and Ramon Cardiel of FW Murphy won Best of Show with their “You Dream It, We Deliver It” brochure.
Natasha Ball of the blog, www.tashadoestulsa was the master of ceremonies. Sponsors of the event were Williams, FW Murphy, ConocoPhillips, A Blue Moon Arts, Zia Communications and Public Relations, O’Connor Ink and Byers Creative.
Congratulations to the winners!